Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What's going on

For this blog, I'm going for less of an essay approach, although I will resume that later. I'm going to just ramble on what's been happening.

Saturday, Kelly and I chilled for the majority of the day. We went to McD's, and then went to her house to watch "I Love You, Man", and an episode of "The Mighty Boosh."

I enjoyed I Love You, Man quite a bit. I thought it was a very funny flick, with the leads, Paul Rudd and Jason Segel, stealing every scene. I felt that the director John Hamburg was trying to emulate Judd Apatow in a lot of ways; in particular, the editing of the improv jokes. It's clear that Rudd and Segel riffed a lot, and although it's funny stuff, it just went on longer than I'd like.

The Mighty Boosh is brilliant, in my opinion. It's insane, yet incredibly smart and observant. I just watched another episode today online, at adultswim.com. Check it out; I feel like an idiot that I hadn't watch it before. Thank you, Kelly, for introducing it to me.

Sunday, I went to Septemberfest in Schuamburg with my cousin and a few of our mutual friends. It was a fun trip. I went on the most rides, three, which is ironic, since I had intended to ride the least amount. I was very dizzy by the end.

I think I will write a blog relating to my feelings on the constant "re-make" backlash, and launch into a look at the films of certain directors, starting with Kevin Smith. It won't be a critical look at them, as I love all of them. Instead, it will be look at each film's themes, characters, and other things that I find interesting. I think Quentin Tarantino and Christopher Nolan will be after that. Who else should I consider? I would appreciate some suggestions.

That's all for now. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment